What are the safety technologies in the 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan?
Safety Features in the 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan
Volkswagen has added another vehicle to its compact SUV segment this year – the 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan. With a sophisticated look and bold styling, this SUV definitely catches the eye on the first look itself. Families have always preferred SUVs as a go-to option primarily because of their sturdy build, large passenger volume, and enhanced safety features. Today we will discuss the safety features that come with the 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan at Neftin Westlake Volkswagen in Thousand Oaks, CA.
Driver Assistance Features of the 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan
The 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan features additional driver assistance features to boost your confidence. Needless to say that these features are not substitutes for attentive driving, they do provide an extra safety cushion while you enjoy your drive. These driver assistance features include:
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC) – helps maintain a preset speed and/or preset distance from the car in front of you during long drives.
- Blind Spot Monitor (Side Assist) – helps in alerting you while other cars might be in your blind spot.
- Lane Assist – helps in maintaining your car in the current lane when there is a chance of drifting into another lane while moving above 37 mph.
- Rear Traffic Alert – uses sensors to detect vehicles crossing in your path when driving in reverse and helps brake the car if necessary.
- Area View – helps you getter a better view of your surroundings while driving, using an Overhead View Camera
- Front Assist – helps in providing Forward Collision Warning, Pedestrian Monitoring, and Autonomous Emergency Braking in case of emergencies.
- Light Assist – helps in providing optimum visibility on dark roads using High Beam Control
- Park Distance Control with Maneuver Braking – helps in parking your car more diligently using audible signals and the optical parking system on the display. Automatic Maneuver Braking facility also available to prevent collisions.
Other safety features in the 2021 Volkswagen Tiguan include:
- Rear View Camera System
- Safety Cage
- Intelligent Crash Response System (ICRS)
- Automatic Post-Collision Braking System
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)
- Six Stability-Enhancing Systems