2016 Volkswagen Safety Features and Ratings
We understand there are many things you must consider before deciding to purchase a new vehicle, and one of the most important is safety. That’s why we’re proud to sell Volkswagen models built with quality craftsmanship and materials. VW vehicles can also come well equipped with safety features that provide you with peace of mind. Read on to learn about some of the 2016 Volkswagen safety features and ratings.
2016 VW Model Top Safety Ratings
For the 2016 model year, several VW models have received the recognition of being named a Top Safety Pick+ by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. When equipped with the optional Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking system, the following models receive this distinction:
- 2016 Passat
- 2016 Golf 4-door
- 2016 Golf SportWagen
- 2016 Golf GTI 4-door
- 2016 Jetta
To achieve such a recognition, vehicles must receive “good’ ratings for moderate overlap front, small overlap front, side, roof strength and head restraint tests, as well as have an advanced or superior rating for front crash prevention systems.
2016 VW Model Safety Features
As you can see, Volkswagen takes safety seriously. That is why many VW models for the 2016 model year come available with advanced Driver Assistance systems designed to keep you safe and provide you with peace of mind. Some of them include:
- Adaptive Cruise Control: Uses forward-facing radar to maintain a set distance between you and the vehicle in front of you.
- Forward Collision Warning/Autonomous Emergency Braking: Helps to warn you of potential frontal collisions, and if needed, apply the brakes.
- Blind Spot Monitor/Rear Traffic Alert: Alerts you to vehicles in your blind spot or approaching from the sides when operating in reverse.
- Lane Departure Warning: If traveling above 40 mph and the system detects you’re straying form your lane, the vehicle can actively countersteer to keep you on course.
- Parking Steering Assistant: Can automatically steer the car for you, in reverse, to fit into parallel or perpendicular parking spaces. Can also scan the road for available parking spots when driving below 25 mph.
- Park Distance Control: Sensors provide guidance when parking with guidance lines on the camera screen, as well as audible and visual warnings when an object is too close.
- Automatic Post-Collision Braking: Applies the brakes after a collision to avoid residual damage.
Now that you know a little bit more about the 2016 Volkswagen safety features and ratings, why not try them by getting behind the wheel? Schedule a test drive online at Neftin Volkswagen or contact us to learn more.